Friday, January 2, 2009

Letter 3--July 15, 1941

Dear Mom & Dad

Things are moving along pretty nicely now. I thank maybe, I have settled the transportation problem. A fellow at school--a Salt lake fellow--might move in with us tomorrow. He has a car, and if he does, I can ride to school, and later to work, with him. His name is Ken something or other, I have forgotten his last name but from all indications, he is a clean, nicely dressed, well spoken, regular fella! Your letters were both swell and I am looking forward to more. Hope you will write often.

To date I have got twelve dollars left. I spent seven getting here, fifteen for rent, ten for my tools, and the rest has gone for incidentals, such as shaving kit, hair cut, food, and transportation expenses to and from the factory. One nice thing about California you can always find plenty of good places to eat. Bridwell's parents came the other day and I have been eating dinner with them. They are leaving Friday. Well, I had better close now. I've got to get up early, It's getting late. Write Soon,

Love Tom

Good-nite

No comments:

Post a Comment