Monday, December 22, 2008

Letter 2-----July 12, 1941

Dear Parents,

I went out to the factory today. I had no idea it could be so large. It covers hundreds of acres and planes are strewn for miles--all types. We, Bud and I, signed up and today and tomorrow we will attend a lecture at 12:00 A.M., then, come Saturday, we go to school from eight to four, seven days a week for three weeks. I will let you know each day how I am making out and what we, mainly me, are doing.

Not much has happened today. I went with Bud while he had his car greased. Waiting consisted of sitting in a barber chair. I had most of my hair cut off. It feels good short, although I don't think I'll ever get a date.

Bridwell knows a fellow who will sell a good model A for $50 dollars. When I say good, I mean it runs---the motor is good. If you will send me the money I will pay you back when I start getting payed. Say hello to "Vandy" for me if you get a chance and write soon. Your son,
Love, Tom

PS
I miss both of your advise--mothers cooking and Louis's schooling. I'll manage in time to become solely independent but will never drift apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment