Thursday, January 22, 2009

Letter 12, August 18, 1941

Dear Mother & Dad,

Sorry I haven't written to you these past few days. Have been very busy. We moved Sunday. We found a much more masculine apartment in a Spanish designed apartment house. The rent is the same and the local is a little closer to work. Very little though--just two or three blocks.

I talked to my Foreman about the possibilities of my ambition in advertising and selling. He said that you can get anything you want at Lockheed if you prepare for it. Now to prepare. I asked him if I could get a day off over Labor Day. He gave me Tuesday. That means I'll be seeing you. I'll only get two days at home but then I can see you---which is more than worth the trip---and we can get me some definite plan for learning advertising. When I look over ads here, I hardly know where to begin. I do a great deal of letter writing but that sums up my preparation thus far, in preparing. (ghastly construction-aye Louis)

I am beginning to like this country a little more now. I guess it's all in getting used to it. The climate is wonderful anyway. A lot depends on getting settled though. I think I have a happy medium for living too. I have got a place I can call home, and still it is inexpensive. I'll never find a place, though, that will equal my first home.

I have been ranting around today and I am awfully sleepy right now, so I'll close and write you tomorrow. Let me know what you two are up to. Thank You again and I'll be seeing you soon.
El Vigo---my new home
Love, Tom Goodnite

No comments:

Post a Comment