Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Letter 10, August 9, 1941

Dear Mother & Dad,

Thank you for the second ten dollars, and the birth certificate. You won't have to send me any more money now. I will get five from the factory Friday and from every Friday there after thirty, so I guess at last I am finally started. Thank you again for all that you have done for me. This might turn out to be very profitable and possibly a lifetime job. Lockheed has-- or that is will have-- one of the largest advertising accounts in America after the war. If they don't' sell and advertise--they say--they will loose thousands and possibly millions because of the unused assets the war preparedness program will leave when it's over. They are concentrating on the future for more sales but as yet they don't know how they will make them. In an article I read it said it's the selling and advertising departments job. I would like to prepare my self for such an opening with Lockheed now--and then get into that field when all of this is over. I am going out to the main office in a few days and find out all of the possibilities of this scheme. I will write and tell you what I find out and in the meantime let's devise a system for me to study. Write and tell me what you think would be the best way, until then and always I will study advertisements. Looks like I might find a real opening. Let's keep our fingers crossed until then.
Love, Tom

P. S.

Am out of paper but want you to know that I will always appreciate what you have done.

I don't like that word---but its
fitting---I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment