Thursday, January 8, 2009

Letter 7, July 25, 1941

Dear Mother & Dad,

I'll bet I have spent a dollar or more on stamps alone, but it's worth it when I get letters from home. Have got to write Surgen & Joy tonight, and possibly Louise if it isn't to late. So I will just write you this one page--as I am going to do in their case. It's about ten now and I will have to hurray if intend to get any sleep, which I do. Bird & I were pretty lazy tonight, so we just settled back in our chairs after dinner and talked. We just finished the dishes, so you can see, we must have done a lot of talking. Mainly about home and what we would do if we were there.

Had an eventful day at school. I am becoming quite a craftsman. But, I would sooner be in Ad--Craftsman, which I still want to be. I bought an edition of the New yorker after school today and thumbed through the advertisements while Bird wasn't looking. Am feeling fine. don't worry about me, and hope maybe to get on at the local small arms plant in Salt Lake. Keep me posted and write soon. Love, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment