Friday, January 30, 2009

Letter 16, September 12, 1941

Dear Mother & Dad,

Sorry I haven't written sooner. Have been busy every night this week with my course. I just finished the first lesson. I will be mailing it to the school along with this letter to you. I enjoy it very much and am becoming more and more interested in it every minute.

Thank you very much, Dad, for the letter. Without knowing exactly your reasons for telling me to stay--I do know, that you are right about sticking it out. I have started something and I would never be content if I didn't stick it out. It is going to be tough at times, like you say, but I think I can take it.

Three of us in the family wear glasses now. I went downtown today and bought me a pair. I have astigmatism. I will need them with my work at the plant and mainly for my course. Bridwell and Nelson work the swing shift and I, being on graveyards have nothing to do in the evenings but study. If I do get lonesome I go into someone else's room and chat for awhile. I am on friendly terms with everyone in the house. Well write when I get some more stationary. I just ran out. Love, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment