Friday, January 30, 2009

Letter 14, August 25, 1941

Dear Mother & Dad,

Just finished dinner. What a meal. This gal can really cook. And not only that, the food is good.

received your letter today Louis, and yours Mamma, a few days ago. They were both swell.

I feel good tonight. Thinking of where I will be in five days does this to me.

I am a little bit puzzled over what to do regarding my future. I have registered for an advertising course. It takes about two years to complete, and the nice thing about it is that there are no lectures to attend. It is an extension course. I will be able to spend more time to study that way. We will discuss it when I get home. I want to tell you what have been doing.

At the plant one out of about twenty is chosen to work on the wing flap section. I got chosen. It's harder work but interesting. Gives you a chance to use your noodle. Will tell you about that too, when I get home.

I have all the comforts one could expect, now away from home. I have got to write Sizzy so I will close. Will be home Saturday Morning. Am healthy and happy. Love, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment