Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Letter 18, September 23, 1941

Dear Mother & Dad

Just finished studying for awhile.

I got a regular sized pay check for a change this morning. Tomorrow morning when I get off work I am going to snoop around town and see if I can't pick myself up a typewriter.

Lovesick & homesick--Bridwell--is quiting his job tonight and going home Sunday. I think he is making a mistake too. I am glad you stopped me when you did. I can see now more & more each day, that I have got to stick this thing out. I will not only develop some character but I will get off on the right track in life by getting this fickleness out of my system.

Moench, I understand, is coming back down here sometime next week. If he does come and feels like it, Whity and I are going to get him to go to the football game on the 27th. This is a large conference and it should be an exciting game.

Write soon, and start planning for a trip---a trip to California over the holidays. Love, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment